Nelly Cootalot, fearsome pirate and lover of tiny and adorable creatures, is charged by the spirit of a dead buccaneer to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a fleet of birds known as spoonbeaks. Her adventure will bring her face to face with the nefarious Baron Widebeard as she uncovers corruption and wanton punning in the Barony of Meeth.
Spoonbeaks Ahoy is 100% free.
The game offers the opportunity to:
- Rescue endangered and unusually named wildfowl.
- Acquire morally dubious items on behalf of minor aristocrats.
- Intercept the private correspondences of a daredevil pilot.
- Come to the aid of downtrodden supernatural beings.
- Be confused by Nelly’s obscure colloquialisms.
- Borrow facial hair from long-dead pirates.
- Wantonly misuse the word ‘borrow’.
“Nelly Cootalot is a Hoot… a delightful little adventure game”
– Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
“creative puzzle design and charming characters”
– Luke Jensen, Adventure Gamers
“The visuals and dialogue are so much fun, even adventuregameaphobiacs will have a great time.” ****
“Nelly remains at the top of all freeware, underground… adventure games” ****
– Igor Hardy, A Hardy Developer’s Journal
“[Nelly Cootalot] has its own distinct and adorable style”
– Xander, TIGsource
“Nelly Cootalot is something you really need to set sail and explore”
– Zilla, Asian Girl Gamer
‘Best Freeware Adventure Games 2007’ selection.
Winner of 5 Adventure Game Studio Awards *****
– AGS Database